Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thursday! It can't be! It's too gruesome!


Darlings! Guess what I'm reading?
None other than Truman Capote's immortalized novella...
Haven't watched the movie in awhile... I'm waiting to see how different the book is. But I also find myself humming MoonRiver while I amble down Pearl Street. (Henry Mancini, you set the 60's to music...).

Holly: You know those days when you get the mean reds?
Paul: The mean reds? You mean like the blues?
Holly: No. The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long; you're just sad, that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?
Paul: Sure.
Holly: Well, when I get it the only thing that does any good is to jump in a cab and go to Tiffany's. Calms me down right away. The quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there. If I could find a real-life place that'd make me feel like Tiffany's, then - then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name!
Holly: What do you do, anyway?
Paul: I'm a writer, I guess.
Holly: You guess? Don't you know?
Paul: OK, positive statement. Ringing affirmative. I'm a writer.
Holly: It's useful being top banana in the shock department.
Holly: I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment