Monday, July 26, 2010

My Saving Grace.


Everywhere I'm looking now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby, I can feel your halo
You know you're my saving grace...

Today, I am thinking of some amazing people.
The ones that come to mind when I'm tired and scared,
and a little lonely.
They know who they are.
They know who I am...
Today, I'm playing this song on repeat, literally, over and over again.


Harper Blynn, formerly known as Pete & J.... About 4 years ago, I was told to drive to a little coffee shop on The Main Line outside Philadelphia. I was led, eager and willing, to a spot on a golden shore, where a wave of truly glorious music broke blissfully over me, drenching my mind in sheer fabulosity. Though their name has changed, and they added a few more parts rock to the music blend, the sweet sweet harmonies are the same, and the juxtaposition of smooth tones with gut-wrenching throaty belts is still there, tugging on my heart strings.

Last night, I stumbled across this video, posted and commented on by some darling lovelies of my past. Out of the inky blue night came a rush of memories, of moments, of the amazing people that populate my past. And it was my saving grace....

Hit me like a ray of sun
Burning through my darkest night
You're the only one that I want
Think I'm addicted to your light.

photo: Love found at vi.sualize.us.com

3 comments:

  1. Ha! The "Harper" in Harper Blynn is a close family friend of mine. I remember doing cartwheel contests with him as a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is always beautiful. I love this song, especially this version, and as always your words - "not destined to be lonely when she is determined to be fabulous." So lovely!! :) And I must see that movie - I hadn't heard of it before but I adore Keri Russell!! Thank you for my daily dose of inspiration! xx

    ReplyDelete