Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday, I'm In Love

Let me give it to you straight.
This week... it could have been better.
Most of the week felt like this:
(please note the fabulous clothes, ambient sparkle, but noticeable lack of an "other.)

Because let's be serious, sometimes I just want this Valentine's Day:
(ps. Junk Gypsies, I love you. www.gypsyville.com. Go there. love it. Thank me later.)

Instead, I usually feel like this: "Cupid, GET WITH IT."

or this: "Back! Back I say!"
So I make my peace with God, Aphrodite, and the Universe. I realize I'm a tiny little sparkly speck (and oh, my dears, I am sparkly.) And I say, "You're big. I'm small. That's fine."
But one day, dear powers that be, whenever you happen to get around to it, dish me up some of this:
or, if you're feeling really benevolent, this:
(tell me you don't look at this photo and wish you were snuggled up like that...)

In the meantime, I will be leaving post-it notes on the door of my heart.
and blessing my darling friends, both near and far, for their brilliantness.
because, Life, I:
and the gloriously-crowned friends you've given me.
I'll hold my breath, and remember to
and that the key to life is being open to living it.
Because, after all,
the stars exist, that we might know how high our dreams can soar...

The End.

photos: still from Penelope, Cowgirl image from promo e-mail from www.gypsyville.com, La Vie Parisienne: April Showers Bring May Flowers, A Young Girl Defending Herself Against Eros by William-Adolph Bouguereau, Infant Stars by Luigi Masella from flickr, The Awakening of Adonis by J.W. Waterhouse,Slumbering INdulgence by Dan Larino, How to express your Love with Post-its from Google, quoted from Starbucks and Jane Austen blog, heart you from imgfave. I heart you from sarahjanestudios.com, say something beautiful from a broken laptop at wordpress, key image from vi.sualizeus, stars by MarioGiacomelli.it

1 comment:

  1. Post-it notes on the door of your heart: what a lovely image!

    ReplyDelete