Friday, March 26, 2010

Life.

My life is currently somewhat akin to walking through a really fantastic library, where there are a million books and I want to read them all.
And the appeal and allure of each book has a little to do with its placement on the shelf, its cover, its contents, the effect that its had on the other people that have read it, and the effect it will have on me when I break open the cover and inhale the smell of paper and ink.
Except I'm not contemplating books. I'm contemplating life plans, make-ends-meet possibilities, and career avenues.
Or maybe it's more a forest- gorgeous natural surroundings, perfectly edifying at the moment, but no particular path is forthcoming.
Or like being at the Mad Hatter's tea party- bombarded with image and sound and bewilderment at what to do or where to go.
I'm walking through the shadows of pre-planning. The frightened darkness that comes when you can't commit to a particular plan, and you're almost afraid to choose one, because what if it doesn't work out? What if that bird never sings??
I'm absolutely ready to conquer my Horizon.
I just don't know which way I want to walk.
But nonetheless, Bring me the Horizon, oh Life. Bring me the Horizon.
photos: Colorful Bookshelves from colourlovers.com, Green Quilts by Samantha Lamb, The Avenue by ~absolutpe at deviantArt, The Trees, at Night by Keely, Alice and Wonderland fashion image, Blackbird Singing by Jill Willcott, behance.net typography category,

No comments:

Post a Comment