Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Have A Dream.

I have a dream.
It is a dream to go back to school for Museum Studies or some such fantastic venture.
But in the pursuit of fantastic ventures there are often mundane necessities with which to grapple. The largest and most mundane-est being: money.
I have no liquid assets. And yet, I aspire to much. And so, the gap must be bridged!!
I realize that the last year and a half of my life has been driven by running from problems, instead of being led by dreams.
You know, it's so hard to pick a dream, when you have so many! And it's hard to get a dream moving, when it has sat alone, uncompelled for many months.
But what I miss most is the Bliss. The constant flow of vibrancy, light, and life which characterizes a driven and passionate life, in which you already walk the path of possibilities, and you're not still searching for it.
And once you find a dream, it seems such a fragile thing. So hazy and unsure and crystalline.
Why is the first step always the hardest?
But even in the dullest, dreariest of days, it's people like Caroline and Hannah that lift me up, even when they're miles away.
Today I have a dream. And today, I am thankful for fellow dreamers.
Dreamers really are lovely people.
photos: Live.Laugh.Love from innerbeauty, girl on swing from cherryban.com, This is a Brand New Day, Holding onto my Heart from visualize.us, car from stumbleupon, still from Inception, Hold Me by +airicalush on deviantART, Peter Pan image by Michael Meiers, Paris image from tumblr, balloon girl from We Heart It.

2 comments:

  1. Did you know that during my junior year in England, I decided I wanted to go into museology (museum studies in Britain)? It had a little to do with the boy there, and much to do with my love of old stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the shout-out my darling! :) I am SO GLAD that you're writing again - it was great to check back and see lots of new posts of yours. This latest one in particular perfectly sums up my mindset at the moment. I've been fretting so much lately about funding the dreams I want to follow - I hate being financially dependent at the age of 20. But this reminds me that I'm not alone, and that if you have big dreams, mundane necessities are only little obstacles. Thank you so much my love! :) xx

    ReplyDelete