Monday, November 9, 2009

Fashion Mission

I watched the 2007 re-make of St. Trinian's yesterday. What a riot. It's a fantastically bad guilty pleasure of a feature film (I really must take time to track down the original...).
Every time I see this film, I come away channelling a different character's look. This time, I've got the insatiable urge to re-construct Kelly the Head Girl's heist uniform. I'm on the prowl for some fantastic motorcycle/riding boots, somewhat like these by b.o.c.:
plus some black skinny jeans (urban, here I come... these can be styled in a million different ways for fall: with boots, with flats, with tees, with chunky sweaters, military look, emo look, hipster look, white button-down and diamonds, the options are endless)
plus chunky jewelry (transforming the I'm-pilfering-a-classic-Vermeer-painting-a-la-Mission-Impossible-utility-gear into moto-chic-ready-to-wear)
and voila: Kelly's sporty look, re-imagined for wear. I've got that hat, and I'm pretty sure Target is selling those gloves...
In the absence of results in the job-searching arena, one must glory in the smaller sartorial successes. All this creative energy is tired of flopping around in my apartment. It must hit the streets somehow...

No comments:

Post a Comment