Friday, December 11, 2009

Hold onto Hope, Love.

iTunes discoveries elate me. Last night I came across a lovely little lady and her musical offerings. Amy Stroup has a number of delightful songs which have been slowly accumulating over the years. One of my favorites is "Hold onto Hope, Love", a delicate anthem of two of the strongest or most fragile things in our lives.
Once that violin starts whirring, I'm stuck.
"Hold onto Hope, Love, I searched high and low for you, for you.
Each day gets closer, so hold on stronger to me and you.
Someday soon I'll find you, Someday soon I'll know you, Someday..."



Even better, I found the following passage on Amy's myspace page:
2 Cor 4:15-18 “Don’t lose heart, though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”

Despite the occasional sense of being caught in a whirlpool of time as we watch each glorious day go by, there are everlasting constants that do not age and do not tire.
Like Hope.
And Love.

photo: from Shirley at vi.sualize.us, "Hold onto Hope, Love" by Amy Stroup, available on iTunes (...so worth the $.99).

1 comment:

  1. The picture up top seriously brought a tear to my eye.

    ReplyDelete